Happy Friday world! Today’s day is jam packed with cooking, cleaning, and errands galore. At the finish line is dinner with some friends and all of our babies. After a quick trip to Target–a store that even Isla loves already–and a quick lunch, it’s now naptime and I’m here logging in to share one of my favorite recipes just in time for your weekend: zucchini carrot protein pancakes.
Everyone in our house loves these pancakes, and any time that happens we have a serious reason to celebrate. I love that I can incorporate some veggies into these pancakes because most of us can use an extra serving or two of veggies. I also love that they have some extra protein since the base is Kodiak Cake protein pancake mix. Chris and Isla both just like how they taste.
This mix is a whey protein based mix. I buy it in bulk at Costco. And when I say I buy it in bulk, I really mean it. Each box comes with three bags and I normally buy four boxes at a time. Maybe I should be embarrassed, but I’m definitely not. It’s such a good deal and we use this mix as a base for not only pancakes, but muffins, breads, fritters, and more. It’s really versatile and tasty. Win and win.
I make a giant batch of these pancakes every time I whip them up. I then freeze then flat on a cookie sheet and stash them away in the freezer to heat them up individually. We heat them in the toaster, but you could always microwave, bake or fry them too.
First, you start with the wet ingredients. Eggs, banana, applesauce, and vanilla.
Then add the pancake mix, cinnamon, shredded zucchini, and shredded carrot.
And fry them up!
This recipe below makes about 32 pancakes, measured out with a 1/4 measuring cup. This batch gets us through at least two weeks, depending on how many we all feel like eating. For me that means less dishes less often, and nutritious breakfast, dinner (who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?), or a snack!
Zucchini Carrot Protein Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/3 cup applesauce (1 prepackaged cup/pouch) – optional
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Kodiak Cake Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 large shredded carrot
- 2 cups milk of choice (or less if you like a denser pancake)
- 1/2 cup raisins – optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips – optional
- Combine wet ingredients together in a large bowl: eggs, mashed banana, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add pancake mix, cinnamon, and shredded veggies.
- Add milk and stir gently to combine.
- Fry on medium low, flipping once bubbles begin to pop. The second side cooks for about 1-2 minutes depending on your stove.
- Keep warm in the oven*, serve, and freeze leftovers.